Monday, August 29, 2005

let's see if i can do it better this time

Well the night before class starts. i should be in bed, but ever since my first day of school ever i have not been able to sleep the night before the first day of class. So i'll do something semi-constructive and write about my excitement.

I have the highest expectations for this year, I already know it will be great. The guys on my floor are amazing and i would fight anyone who speaks otherwise.

Living and growing causes one to realize mistakes and ways that things could have been done differently in order to produce an outcome that is more desireable than the last time. I know that i have failed in many ways in the last few years, spiritually, with friends, with being a leader, with academia... The thing i love about new years is the new chance that i could do things better than before.

I have huge expectations for this year and not a bit of fear of failure cause i have already failed, but have succeeded in learning to do better each time around.
God is going mess our campus up this year even more than last year. I believe that this campus of dry bones will be given a new flesh, and a new breath, and rise out of the valley to do battle with the very things that caused us to become dry bones in the first place because the power of God is moving in, around, and through them.

1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the LORD and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. 2 He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. 3 He asked me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
I said, "O Sovereign LORD, you alone know."
4 Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! 5 This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' " Ezekiel 37:1-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home